and other adventures inside and outside of my oven

Monday, October 19, 2009

Closet Cooking

The dude over at Closet Cooking is my hero. I don't know where he comes up with the ideas for half of his recipes but they are gold. I was looking at his blog earlier today and saw this:



I want to make this and I want to eat it. It's a Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake Turtle Bread.

A few months ago, I attempted to make his recipe for Pineapple Curried Banana Bread (pictured below). I was definitely skeptical going into making it, one because I've never made bread before, and two because I've never heard of curried bread before. But let me tell you, it was wonderful and I know a few of my friends thought it was as well. It was also super easy to make, which shocked me.



For the recipe, check out his website. I suggest using one less banana and one more egg than he says. I've tried making it both ways and using one more egg really makes it a lot more moist. I also like to use canned pineapples and add some of the pineapple juice to the bread. About a fourth of a cup is good, it adds a nice kick to it. Also, watch the bread carefully around the 50 minute mark in the oven. It needs about an hour to cook but if you leave it in too long, it'll dry out.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment